Guess My Number
- I write a series of numbers (usually 1-12, 1-15, 1-20 but could be any numbers) on a whiteboard.
- I tell the class that I am thinking of a number and they have to guess it BUT they can't just tell me a number. They have to give an equation that equals the number they want to guess.
- I model some examples eg 1 + 1 = 2. The equations can be as easy or hard as they want to make them.
- I make it clear they have to say the equation AND the answer.
- They start guessing. I cross off each incorrect guess until the right number is found.
- The person who guessed the number then gets to come up and pick a number to be guessed.